Wednesday 7 December 2011

Scottish Review: Why I went on strike last week. And why I'm on a loser

So I was on strike last Wednesday. It was a minimal response to the appalling way ordinary people in this country are being treated, but it was something. I doubt anyone will listen, though.
     Over the last few weeks, a slew of government announcements and news items has confirmed my belief that nobody in power gives a damn about people's distrust of banks, or their sense of unfairness expressed through the summer riots and the Occupy movement, or their deep depression about their future prospects which, for the vast majority of the population, stare at increasing relative poverty (in real terms, average Joes will be no better off in 2014 than they were in 2001).

Posted via email from Tony Gurney's Pre-posterous

No comments: